- Career Summary
David trained with Zaiwalla & Co prior to qualifying as a solicitor with the firm in January 2016. He is an integral part the team and our growing “Russia and CIS” desk. David has excellent commercial awareness and business knowledge having been involved in a number of very successful start-up business projects in the entertainment industry, prior to embarking upon his legal career.
- Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc & Ors v Baglan Zhunus & Ors  EWHC 3618 (Comm) &  EWCA Civ 381
- Union Marine v Government of Comoros  EWHC 5854
- Acting for one of the largest mining companies of Asia in its multimillion High Court (Commercial Court) claim against the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Representing a UK-based company in a High Court (Chancery Division) matter, which concerns a claim by trustees in bankruptcy of a former Russian billionaire, dealing with complicated issues of insolvency, trust and company law.
- Acting for the Defendants in a claim brought before the High Court (Chancery Division) by a Russian oligarch for circa US$150 million alleging misrepresentation, deceit and breach of fiduciary duty arising out of the sale of a majority interest in a Russian property and real estate business.
- International Commercial Litigation
- International fraud
- Immigration law
- BA International Relation and Politics with honours from Royal Holloway University of London;
- LLB with honours from the University of Law; and
- Jurist degree from the Russian Law Academy of the Russian Federation Ministry of Justice.