The world of construction involves complex, £multi-million projects which regularly encounter difficulties. These can lead to time-consuming and costly disputes which threaten the success and even completion of the project. At Zaiwalla & Co our lawyers are experienced at advising you in the early stages of a project. From negotiating and drafting the contract most suitable for your construction project, to helping to resolve disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible, our immediate objective is to ensure that our clients' commercial goals are met fast..
We often advise on international projects being pursued abroad. With our multi-cultural background and our unique understanding of different business cultures, distance is no obstacle.
We advise on all main forms of construction contracts covering the industry’s standard forms such as JCT, NEC and FIDIC as well as bespoke contracts tailored to individual projects.
Our recent work includes acting for:
- a Rwandan commercial client in an ICC arbitration with seat in Paris under a construction contract based on the FIDIC form for the construction and development of a 4-star hotel;
- a high net worth individual in respect of disputes under the JCT Intermediate Building Contract over the Contractor’s design of two luxurious multi-storey properties in Knightsbridge, London;
- a consultant under a design and build contract in drafting and negotiating agreements with subcontractors and managing disputes against the subcontractors;
- a UK property developer in respect of disputes with the main contractor under JCT Design and Build Contracts for the construction of three luxury residential properties in Surrey; and
- a Guernsey based investor in respect of an adjudication decision under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 pertaining to investment properties being constructed in England.