Rohit acts for commercial clients and high net worth individuals in a wide range of commercial disputes. He has significant experience of worldwide freezing injunctions, jurisdiction challenges and security for costs applications. He is accustomed to acting for international clients and frequently acts for clients from South Asia, CIS and the Middle East.
- Punjab National Bank (International) Ltd v Srinivasan and others  UKHC 89 (Ch) – acted for 8 defendants in a successful jurisdiction challenge to a US$ 45 Million claim by the bank.
- Al Jaber v Al Ibrahim  EWCA Civ 1690 – acting for Sheikh Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber in a US$ 30 million claim against two Saudi businessman for beach of an oral loan agreement.
- ICICI Bank UK Plc v Mehta & Ors  EWHC 1030 (Comm) – acted for the bank in an $8m claim against a Belgium based diamond trader, including worldwide freezing injunctions against a number of respondents.
- Irina Bokova v Associated Newspapers Limited  EWHC 320 (QB) - Acted for the former Director-General of UNESCO Irina Bokova in a libel action against the publisher of the Daily Mail. The matter settled with the Daily Mail publishing an apology on its website.
- The Official Receiver v Skeene & Anr - Acted for defendants in Directors Disqualification proceedings.
- Acted for the successful claimant in an arbitration relating to the purchase of a bulk carrier.
- Kaneria v Kaneria (2015) (unreported) acted for a successful respondent to an unfair prejudice petition relating to the shareholding of a 4-star London Hotel.
- Acted for an aviation asset holding company in a High Court claim for breach of a joint venture agreement- obtained a favourable settlement for the claimant.
- Mahtani v Sippy  EWCA Civ 1820 cited in the White Book as an authority on the imposition of conditions on an appeal and on the general principles governing the granting of a stay.
- Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc V Zhunus  EWCA Civ 381 – acted for a Kazakh company in successfully resisting a challenge in the Court of Appeal to the granting of a £72m worldwide freezing injunction against two former shareholders
- International commercial disputes
- Civil fraud
- Company matters including unfair prejudice petitions.
- SFO investigations
- Director’s Disqualification
- Personal and corporate insolvency matters.
- Basic/conversational Japanese.
- Sweet & Maxwell Prize, Brunel University.
- Solicitor of England and Wales
- Indian Maritime Association
- Bachelors in Economics, University of Manchester.
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction), Brunel University.
- Legal Practice Course (Commendation), BPP Law School.